Eggs – The Ultimate Convenience FoodBlogue de la présidente
Hi, my name is Margaret Hudson, my family owns and operates Burnbrae Farms and has been farming since 1891. I am passionate about nutrition and health and of course eggs! I am excited to share some of my learnings from almost 30 years of working in our family’s egg business and a lifetime of being around our farm. If you have enjoyed receiving this information and would like to receive more posts, please sign up in the link at the bottom of the page for our company newsletter.
Like many of you, I’m a working parent that’s always looking for convenient ways to make life a little bit easier. I’m always on the lookout for any smart nutrition shortcuts that save time, but still allow my family to be happy and healthy. As you might guess, I often turn to eggs.
Eggs are perfectly balanced on the scale of convenience and nutrition. They are quick to cook; allow for a wide variety of uses; come in ready-made versions; and add protein, vitamins and minerals to the diet.
Here are eight of my favourite ways to make quick and convenient meals using eggs.
1. Breakfast on the go: I want to make sure we get protein at breakfast, so I use EGG Bakes ! Egg Patties, which are ready in just 75 seconds. I roll one in a whole grain tortilla and top with a little lettuce and salsa and I’m out the door.
2. Hard boil ‘em: Did you know that hard-boiled eggs can stay fresh in the fridge for up to one week? Boil a dozen on the weekend and they will be handy all week long. Quickly make devilled eggs, grate them into salads, make your favourite egg salad or pack one with your lunch. Don’t have time to cook and peel hard boiled eggs? Stock up on EGGS2go!
3. Change it up: Sometimes quick, convenient meals get played out for being on constant repeat. So, just add eggs. No, really! Try eggs on pizza , with pasta , in a wrap , whirled in soup , on a portobello burger or baked in avocados . What was old is suddenly new again – and still so easy!
4. Skip the drive thru: Make your breakfast sandwich at home with EGG Bakes! Toast a whole wheat English muffin, top with an EGG Bakes! Whole Egg or Egg White Patty, cheese, baby spinach and a slice of tomato. Done. For the complete recipe, click here .
5. The 10 minute dinner: It recently read that the average Canadian spends 38 minutes making dinner. While I have that luxury some evenings, other nights are a more realistic rush from work to after-school activities. That leaves just 10 minutes to make dinner. I use Egg Creations for quick scrambled eggs (I don’t even need to crack eggs or wash a bowl!), and pair it with whole grain toast and a green salad.
6. Salad as a meal: My favourite salad – the Niçoise Egg & Potato Salad – takes just 15 minutes to make. I use EGGS2go! hard-boiled eggs, and make a simple dressing from Dijon, lemon and olive oil. It’s a full meal in a bowl, with tons of protein from eggs and tuna, carbs from tomatoes, and lots of fresh veggies.
7. Tote to work: Do you bring your lunch to work? If you get bored of sandwiches, try a salad paired with an EGG Bakes! Crustless Quiche!
Hopefully you can add some of these tips your meal planning, and enjoy nutritious, convenient meals.
Margaret Hudson, President Burnbrae Farms
D'autres articles qui pourraient vous intéresser
Démystifier le lien entre les œufs et le cholestérol
Le site Web scientifique réputé Medical News Today a compilé une liste des 15 aliments les plus sains. Ce n’est ...
Fermes Burnbrae - fièrement certifiée entreprise majoritairement détenue par des femmes
Je suis fière d’annoncer que nous sommes maintenant certifiés entreprise majoritairement détenue par des femmes (WBE). Les entreprises canadiennes qui sont détenues et gérées à au moins 51 % par des femmes peuvent être certifiées par WBE Canada. Burnbrae appartient à la 4e génération de la famille Hudson, dont moi-même, mes trois sœurs Helen Anne, Mary Jean et Sue, ainsi que mon frère Ted et mon beau-frère Ian McFall. Nous sommes fiers de diriger l’entreprise avec le soutien considérable de nos hauts dirigeants et de nos nombreux collègues.