Embrace Summer with these Strawberries and Cream-Stuffed Crepes by Chef Paul LillakasProducts & Recipes
Celebrate the joy of summer with this seasonal treat: Summer Strawberries and Cream-Stuffed Crepes. These luscious crepes, filled with juicy strawberries and delectable cream, epitomize the essence of the summer season. Made effortlessly using Burnbrae Farms' EGG Creations! Whole Eggs Original carton, these crepes combine less-mess-convenience with amazing taste. Try this recipe yourself or impress your friends and family with this light, yet indulgent summer dish.
Save Time in the Kitchen and Enjoy What’s Left of Summer Burnbrae’s EGG Creations!
At Burnbrae Farms, we believe in savoring the best of summer without sacrificing precious moments. Our EGG Creations! Whole Eggs Original, made from farm-fresh eggs, simplifies the process of creating delightful dishes like these delicious crepes. Get ready to indulge in the sweet flavors of summer with every bite!
- 3/4 cup Burnbrae
EGG Creations! Whole Eggs Original
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream (Tip: use canned whipped cream to save time)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups sliced summer strawberries
- 6 small strawberries for garnish
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together Burnbrae EGG Creations! Whole Eggs Original and milk until well combined.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt to the egg mixture, and whisk until a smooth batter forms. (Optional: for an even silkier texture, sift through a fine mesh sieve). Allow the batter to rest for at least an hour or, for best results, refrigerate it overnight.
- Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush the skillet with butter to prevent sticking.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the prepared batter into the skillet, tilting and swirling it to create a thin, even layer.
- Cook the crepe until the edges start to curl away from the skillet, and the pancake turns a light golden color. Flip the crepe and cook the other side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter to create a delightful stack of golden crepes.
Prepare the Creamy Strawberry Filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until stiff peaks form, creating a luscious whipped cream.
Assemble the Summer Strawberries and Cream-Stuffed Crepes:
- Divide the whipped cream and sliced summer strawberries equally among the lower third of each crepe.
- Gently roll up the crepes, tucking the ends to secure the luxurious strawberry cream filling inside.
- To serve, sprinkle a light dusting of powdered sugar over the crepes and garnish with a fresh strawberry on top.
About the Chef Paul Lillakas :
Chef Paul is an Estonian-Canadian private chef, content producer, content consultant, recipe developer, writer, media personality, fireside gastronome, forager, collector of bacon fat and so much more. He is best known in his role as a TV Chef, Chopped Canada Champion, former Food Editor of Canadian Living magazine and former personal chef to Canadian DJ Deadmau5.
What’s not to love about Mother’s Day? Hand-crafted cards, gifts and creative recipes. It’s a day to honor moms and ...
Six Ways to Eat Hard-Boiled Eggs
Here’s my Sunday ritual: I boil a dozen eggs, write HB on them (so I know they are hard-boiled) and refrigerate them. They last seven days in the fridge and are a convenient part of my family’s weekly meals and snacks. How do we enjoy these eggs? Here are some of our favourite ways: