Flip 4 You Breakfast Tortilla Wraps
Inspired by the viral folding technique, these wraps are a fun, customizable breakfast limited only by your creativity... or the contents of your crisper!
- Prep time: 10 min
- Makes: 4
- Cook time: 6 min
1 wrap using eggs, tomatoes, cheese and bacon
- Potassium*.250 mg
- Saturated Fat.10 g
- Fat.22 g
- Cholesterol.55 mg
- Carbohydrates.42 g
- Fibre.4 g
- Sugars.1 g
- Protein.26 g
- Sodium.1040 mg
|1 cup / 250 ml||Egg Creations Fat Free Original, well shaken|
|2 tsp / 10 ml||butter|
|4||large flour tortillas|
|Spreads||pesto, salsa, guacamole, aioli, pizza sauce, tomato jam etc|
|Toppings||sliced deli meat, cooked bacon, veggies, baby greens, sliced or grated cheese, canned beans, etc.|
Scramble eggs in melted butter in a small skillet set over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until soft curds form; set aside.
Lay tortillas on a work surface. Slice into the centre of the tortillas from the side closest to the edge of board. Visualize tortillas having 4 quadrants.
Place 1/4 of the scrambled eggs in the upper left quadrant of each tortilla.
Spread about 1 to 2 teaspoonfuls of any flavouring spreads over one of the remaining quadrants (if using) before adding other toppings.
When adding toppings to other quadrants use a small portion such as 1 slice of deli meat, 2 slices of bacon, 1 slice deli cheese or a scant 1/4 cup/50 ml each of any grated or chopped topping.
[Helpful tip: Place any items that should be closest to the heat, like the cheese for melting, in either right side quadrants as these are the outside folds.]
Starting from the bottom left quadrant, fold tortilla up, followed by a fold to the right and then a fold down to enclose ingredients in a triangle.
Cook wraps in lightly oiled skillet, weighed down with another skillet for 2 minutes or side, or until golden and melty. (Alternatively, toast in a panini press for 3 to 4 minutes.)
You can pair the scrambled eggs with any combination of ingredients that you prefer but here are some of our favourites to get the inspiration flowing:
* Smoky Bacon: Scrambled eggs with sliced tomatoes, smoked Cheddar or Gouda and cooked bacon.
* Pesto Arugula: Scrambled eggs with sliced roasted red peppers, baby arugula, basil pesto and grated mozzarella cheese.
* Zesty Veggie & Black Bean: Scrambled eggs with salsa or guacamole, shredded Cheddar, black beans, pickled jalapeno peppers and green onions.
* Pepperoni Pizza: Scrambled eggs with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, sliced pepperoni and diced peppers.
* Swiss Ham & Spinach: Scrambled eggs with sliced ham, baby spinach, Swiss cheese and a mixture of 1 tsp each mayo and Dijon mustard spread under cheese layer.
* Mediterranean Wrap: Scrambled eggs with sliced black olives, feta cheese, lightly mashed chickpeas and tzatziki.
Egg Creations Fat Free Original
The same great taste with none of the fat.Learn More